Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 5 in London

Well, we were busy today. We thought it was our last day in London. Turns out we have one more day. So we spent a little time shopping (just a little, because everything was super expensive. Like 500 pounds a shirt expensive) and then we went to the Museum of Natural History. And... cue the music!

*Music*

Roll back the rock
Till the dawn of time
And sing this song with me
If you’re thinking this guy’s unreal
Just imagine how I must feel
Just imagine how I must feel
Human beings
Mmmm what a meal

Roll back the rock
Till the dawn of time
And sing this song with me

*End Music*

Ten points if you can tell me where that is from!


Here is the first thing you see when you walk into the entrance.  A huge brontosaurus! This obviously wasn't actual fossils but a mold of one. But still pretty cool all the same.                                

This is an ancestor of the sloth. It was pretty huge! But cool to see. I had a hard time imagining some of these huge creatures roaming around the Earth.

Another ancient relative. I wouldn't have wanted to come by this guy by surprise!
There was tons of ancient sea creatures. But since they are all covered by glass, only a few turned out really well.
This is pretty cool. I like dolphins and this is one of the ancient ones.
 And the Dodo Bird. Can't get out of the museum without a picture of the Dodo!
Jeremy holding up the world. If it was really up to him, he would have tossed us all away long time ago to go get some sweets.
Oh, how did this get in here? How embarrassing! This was morning when Jeremy got between me and my morning coffee.
The sabertooth tiger! I was really starting to hate all the glass by the time we were out of the museum. Just doesn't help at all with picture taking.
I saved the best for last! This is the amount of blood in the human body. And the amount of hormones. Ha! Well, just be glad I didn't take a picture of the very informative 'How to create a baby' display. It was only from the hips to knees... but still. I think I get the idea of how exactly a baby is made.


Here is a little video from the Museum. It's from the exhibit of moving dinosaurs. It was pretty awesome in there. Well, once you got over all the parents forcing their children in dark rooms with scary looking creatures which resulted in tons of screaming, shrieking children. Luckily, in this one, you don't hear that. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment